ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IN PANJIM
Filling the gap in dentistry.
What is a Root Canal Treatment?
A Root Canal Treatment is a procedure done by a Root Canal Specialist also known as an Endodontist. It aims at saving severely decayed or damaged teeth and is always preferred over extraction as it retains your natural tooth. Also, not replacing teeth after an extraction can have severe consequences on your neighbouring teeth health. In A Root Canal Treatment, the inner layer of the tooth known as the pulp is disinfected and filled using a special material. The tooth is then filled or protected using a dental crown if required. Tooth pain is one of the possible indications that you may require root canal treatment.
Steps in Root Canal Procedure?
How Long Does a Root Canal Treatment Take?
Depending upon the severity of infection, the duration of a Root Canal Treatment can vary. Sometimes, Root canal procedure can be completed in a single sitting as well. In case of a severely infected tooth, a root canal specialist may even require 2- 3 sittings to complete the Root canal procedure.
What is the Recovery like after Root Canal Treatment
The recovery post Root Canal Treatment takes around 2-7 days. A little discomfort for a few days post root canal treatment is normal and is common in cases where the tooth was severely infected before the procedure. Oral hygiene post treatment should be maintained to ensure your teeth stay healthy.
Post-treatment Dental Care
• Your Root canal specialists instructions on how to care for your tooth while recovering and for pain management should be carefully followed after the root canal procedure.
• Tenderness in the area is normal after the anaesthesia wears off along with mild soreness. These are relieved through over-the-counter pain medication but always consult your doctor first.
• Your treated tooth may feel slightly different than your other teeth for some time.
• To avoid damaging the treated tooth until it is fully restored to its health, do not bite on hard food. Warm salt-water gargles are also recommended.
• Your doctor will check to see if you need to put a crown on the tooth in order to reinforce it.
• Maintain good oral hygiene and regularly follow up with your dentist in order to achieve a full recovery and to keep your teeth healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions related on Root Canal Treatment
- Is a root canal treatment painful?
With advancement in modern dentistry and a doctor you trust, Root canal treatments are not painful. After the root canal procedure, some soreness surrounding the affected tooth is normal for some time. This is alleviated with cold compresses and over-the-counter pain relievers.
- Should I have a root canal or an extraction?
A root canal procedure is certainly recommended over an extraction because your natural tooth is far stronger than any replacement and saving it is a priority.
- How bad does a cavity have to be for a root canal?
Root canal treatment is required when the decay is severe enough that the inner part of the tooth becomes infected and starts causing pain. A regular dental filling will not suffice at this stage and thorough cleaning and a root canal treatment is required.
- What is the Cost of Root Canal Treatment in Panjim?
The cost of a root canal treatment in Panjim starts from Rs. 5,000 onwards. The cost will vary depending on which tooth is infected (molars are harder to treat and cost more) and the level of decay. There can be an additional cost of the crown to cap the weakened tooth. After a proper consultation, your dentist will give you an estimated cost of the whole procedure upfront before starting.
- Why choose Smile Craft for getting Root Canal Treatment in Panjim done?
At Smile Craft Goa, our experienced and patient friendly Endodontist’s ensure that you are at ease during your Root Canal Treatment. We believe in innovation and constantly update our treatment modalities to stay on par with the latest globally. We successfully treated many patients requiring simple to complex Root Canal Treatment in Panjim and Margao and have earned the reputation of being one of the Best Root Canal Specialist’s In Goa.
- Can a Root Canal be done using lasers?
Lasers improve the efficiency of Root Canal Treatment by disinfecting the root canal and eliminating all infection causing bacteria. This improves the efficiency of the Root Canal Treatment.