Dental Implants In Goa
Types Of Dental Implants
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the perfect solution to replace missing teeth and form a stable foundation for replacement of natural teeth that look, feel and function like your natural teeth. A dental implant is a post made out of titanium that is inserted into your jaw over which your dentist will later put a crown that looks, feels and functions like your natural tooth. They can replace a Single tooth, Several teeth or the entire set. This increases Stability, Comfort and Restoration of natural chewing ability.
Why Should I Get Dental Implants?
- Functionality :The nearest you can come to natural healthy teeth are dental implants. Since an implant replaces the root portion of your natural tooth, the function and behave like natural teeth. Also unlike bridges, you do not need to trim your adjacent teeth when placing dental implants. Hence they are less invasive.
- Aesthetics : Missing a tooth can hamper one’s self confidence, especially if it’s a front tooth. Dental implants behave like natural teeth and also look aesthetic thereby, restoring one’s self confidence!.
- Easy To Maintain : Since you can floss and brush with dental implants, they are easy to maintain and hence last long. Also, you can enjoy all your favourite food with dental implants.
- Long-term Solution : A Dental Implant Is very durable when compared to dentures and bridges. Studies show 10 year implant survival rates well above 95% .
- Prevents Jaw Bone Loss : Since a Dental implant replaces the root portion of the tooth, it functions like a natural tooth and prevents the jaw bone from reducing in height after an extraction.
- Cost-Effectiveness : A Dental Implant is an investment in your health. While a bridge or denture may seem cheaper due to lower upfront costs, a dental implant is more durable and lasts longer. Thus, the need to replace them over time is lesser and more cost effective in the long run.
Recovery after Dental Implants Treatment?
There are several stages involved in Dental implant surgery. If the patient requires bone grafting, It will take 3-4 months for the bone to grow and support an implant. After dental implant surgery, The recovery period will vary from person to person. It also depends on the number of teeth affected and the patient’s health condition. The initial step to recovery will involve fusing the implant to your jawbone. It is essential to maintain oral hygiene after surgery so that the implants fuse correctly with your jaw bone. If you maintain proper oral hygiene, Your dental implant will serve you for a lifetime.
To minimise swelling after surgery, Keep your head in an elevated position. Post-surgery swelling can be reduced by applying ice packs. Take the medication your dentist prescribes. Bleeding post-surgery is normal. A gauze pad can help you to control excessive bleeding. Drink plenty of water or fruit juices, and opt for a diet plan that doesn’t involve chewing into hard foods. Do not use straws for drinking. Avoid very hot drinks for 2 days as that can cause initial swelling.
Dental Implants vs Bridges
Replaces the root of the tooth.
Does not replace the root of the tooth
Does not require adjacent teeth to be trimmed
Requires adjacent teeth to be trimmed
Easier to maintain
More difficult to maintain
Got Questions about Dental Implants Treatment? We Have Answers
- Who is eligible for dental implant?
Anybody with damaged teeth or no teeth can be eligible for dental implants. After a thorough oral examination with the aid of X-Rays, your dentist will help you decide the best dental implant as per your oral condition.
- Are dental implants similar to dentures
No, Dentures are removable teeth replacements while Dental implants are artificial roots that are surgically placed into your jawbone that helps to fix a removable or fixed set of teeth. Implants are more natural and help preserve your jawbone. Dentures are less stable and move while chewing food
- Are dental implants noticeable?
No, Dental implants look and feel natural. Your dentist will match the color of the prosthetic teeth to your original teeth. In fact, only metal detectors or radiography can help in spotting the metal posts used for the artificial root in your jawbone. It is very much unnoticeable from the external appearance.
- How many teeth can be replaced by dental implants
Dental implants are the best alternative to replace multiple damaged teeth easily. You don’t need an implant for every single tooth, two implants can be used to replace between 3 to 6 teeth. To replace the entire set of teeth on the top or the bottom with a permanent set of teeth, you need anywhere between four implants to eight implants.
- How much do is Dental Implant cost in Goa?
The cost of a dental implant itself ranges from Rs.25,000 – 40,000. The cost will vary depending on the type of implant used. There can be an additional procedure required like bone grafting before the Dental Implants surgery. After the surgery, fixing a replacement tooth or teeth may also have additional charges depending on the type used. After a proper consultation and radiographic examination, your dentist will determine the best implant for you and give you an estimated cost for the surgery.
- What is bone grafting?
Before installing the dental implants, the doctor determines whether your jawbone needs bone grafting. Bone grafting is only done if your jawbone is not thick enough to support an implant. Bone grafting involves transplanting a piece of bone to the jawbone. This piece of bone can be from another part of your jaw or anywhere from your body and can either be done during the dental implant procedure itself or before it depending on case to case. An artificial bone can be transplanted to your jawbone if not from your own body. The synthetic bone will take several months to grow and support an implant.
- Is getting Dental Implants painful?
No! A Dental Implant Procedure is less painful than a tooth extraction! Our Implantologist Dentists are highly skilled and ensure you have a comfortable experience. Since the entire procedure is done under local anesthesia, You will not feel any discomfort.